Tuesday 1 November 2011

~:C.C.4.U:~ Growing Younger - Skye Thomas

 

Growing Younger
 
I am finished with being a grown up.  I want to play more.  I want to eat ice-cream at the beach.  I want to be more concerned about my toe polish than my bank account.  I want to wear bright colors that remind me of crayons and finger paints.  I want to laugh until I snort and honk like a goose.  I want to sing in the grocery store and skip on my way out to the car.  I want to grow younger as I age and I don’t want to have to make excuses or be made to apologize for my actions.
 
I want to feel that sense of gleefulness when we decide to go to the park.  I want to get excited when they announce new Saturday morning cartoon shows next fall.  I want to buy new sandals in every color and goofy sunglasses to match.  I want to lie on my side, roll down a hill of grass and wildflowers, and not think once about grass stains or dirty smudges.  
 
I want to love as if my heart has never been broken.  I want to give 100% without hesitating because it might not work out.  I want to run into old lovers and laugh for the joy of seeing an old friend.  I want to make love like it is still new forbidden territory.  I want to kiss with a giggle in my heart and a twinkle in my eye.
 
I want to go back to school and learn fun new things, like how to dance and sing.  I want to learn about movies and ancient civilizations and hummingbirds and how to say, “I love you” in three different languages.  I want to lose myself in books and not worry about book reports, homework, tests, or honor roll.  I want to sit in the front row fascinated by a smart and enthusiastic teacher.  I want to connect the dots and color outside of the lines.
 
I want to build towers with blocks just to knock them down and watch them fall.  I want to make trails and paths with dominos and then gently tap that first one so the others will fall down one at a time.  I want to dress my cat in doll clothes, put him in an Easter basket, and drive him around on my bicycle in that basket swinging on the handlebars like when I was eight years old.  I want to roller skate and play hopscotch.
 
I want to believe with all my heart that I could be an astronaut, a dancer, a rock star, or a racecar driver if I just set my mind to it.  I want a clean slate and all options still open.  I want to feel that hunger to aspire to something great.  I want to feel like I was put on this planet for a very special reason.  I want to assume that the world wants my gift as much as I want to give it.
 
I want to trust strangers without giving it a second thought.  I want to believe that adults actually have all of the answers and our best interests at heart.  I want to feel safe and protected simply because my dad locked the front door before saying “goodnight.”  I want to feel the invincibility and cockiness of youth.  I want to believe in people’s potential despite their choices.  I want to assume that I can talk my way out of anything.
 
I want a do-over with my first driving lesson, my first serious boyfriend, my first pregnancy, and my first job.  I promise this time I will be braver, more honest, smarter, and I won’t take anything for granted.  I want to feel the rush of all those firsts again.  I want to take more pictures this time.
 
I want to nap in the sunshine and make whistles from wide pieces of grass.  I want to catch ladybugs and fireflies.  I want to tell ghost stories and suspect that they might come true.  I want to run with grass stained bare feet.  I want to get lost in make-believe and forget to go home for lunch.
 
I want to learn how to do cartwheels, backwards somersaults, and handsprings.  I want to fall down with gusto and wear my wounds with pride.  I want to climb trees and hold my breath as the tree sways with the wind.  I want to play Dodge Ball and Four-Square and Duck Duck Goose.
 
I want to go to birthday parties with balloons and streamers.  I want to look forward to growing another year older and tease my peers for being younger than me.  I want to receive frivolous toys and funny new hats instead of kitchen appliances and useful tools.  I want to spend weeks creating the perfect Halloween costume and I want to believe in Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and Peter Pan.
 
I want to play Pong, Ms Pacman, and Donkey Kong.  I want to recite riddles and puns.  I want to know all the words to all those songs.  I want to play pool and ping-pong, croquet, and badminton.  I want to reread the Hobbit and Huckleberry Finn.  I want to watch Batman, Underdog, and the Little Rascals.
 
Today I want to grow younger rather than wiser.  I want to play hooky, no bosses, no chores, and no bills.  I want to pull the kids out of school and run off to the zoo.  I want to play at the park and rhyme like Seuss.  I want to say, “yes” to donuts and “no thank you” to lima beans.  I want to find a rainbow and chase a leprechaun.  I want to teach my children the fine art of puddle jumping and leapfrog.  I want to chase butterflies and make cookies.  I want to see life as my playground.  I want to believe in magic and love at first sight.  Fearless and brave I want to shout, “Gimme more!”
 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Click & Join
CoolcollectionsForYou
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CoolCollectionsForYou/
====================================================
Group Email Addresses
Post message: CoolCollectionsForYou@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: CoolCollectionsForYou-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe: CoolCollectionsForYou-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner: CoolCollectionsForYou-owner@yahoogroups.com

R i z w a n-A l a m   - Owner
Alam.Rizwan@Yahoo.com

Shamsher Afridi  - Sr. Moderator
jimrizin@Yahoo.com

Raj Singh Tomar  - Moderator/Designer
rajsinghtomar@aol.com

Nikita Anand  - Moderator/Designer
hotnsexytulip@yahoo.com

------------------
DISCLAIMER :
------------------


This message serves informational purposes only and should not be viewed as an irrevocable indenture between anyone. If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender at CoolCollectionsForYou-Owner@yahoogroups.com. The recipient acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the Individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of The C.C.4.U. Group. reserves the right to repeal, change, amend, modify, add, or withdraw the contents herein without notice or obligation.
---------------------------------------------------
Note:- CoolCollectionsForYou is Not Responsible For Any Claims.
---------------------------------------------------
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar